Head Teacher : Fotini Costi
Please click here for a downloadable version of School Prospectus:
Welcome to Queenswell Greek School
The school’s aims (through the curriculum and the school ethos) are:
- To provide a pleasant and happy atmosphere for the children; and the same time teach them to speak, read and write Greek
- To make them feel proud of being Greek and to give them basic knowledge of Greek and Cypriot culture and religion
- Our long-term aim is to have high standards and expectations in both teaching and learning; and provide pupils with a positive attitude towards the multi-ethnic society of London and to be a proud and conscientious member of the Greek and Cypriot community
- To value the work prepared by all the teaching staff, committee members and parents who are dedicated in maintaining the school to a high standard
- The school curriculum (which is prepared by the Cypriot and Greek Education Ministries) includes Greek language, humanities, traditions, dance and music. All pupils are given personal help for the development of oral, vocabulary and reading
Queenswell Greek School offers Nursery to GCSE classes.
School opening hours
Saturday 9.30 am to 1.00 pm – for the all classes;
(but every 1st Saturday of the month the school commences at 10.00 am)
Pupils are given homework on weekly basis. A homework diary is given to all pupils for parents/guardians to check and sign; and enables teachers and parents/guardians to register any comments regarding the child(ren)’s progress.
Open days are held each term so parents/guardians can speak to the teachers regarding the progress of their child(ren).
The school has a uniform (polo shirt) for all children and they are expected to wear the shirt at school events and festivals with black/navy trousers or skirts.
The democratically elected committee is to ensure the smooth running of the school, to assist the teaching staff, organise and help with school events, festivals and fund raising events. The committee liaises with the GPA and represents the school on the GPA Council; at present we have 4 members on the GPA Council.
A half termly newsletter aims to inform parents/carers of news of forthcoming events and other school information. The school sends out regular emails to inform parents of news and school events.